Language selection


Frequently asked questions: CED

By Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions

Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions about CED. If you still can’t find what you are looking for, please send us a request for information.

Programs and services offered

Q. I would like to know which funding programs my organization can be eligible for.

A. Our programs target small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) and non-profit economic organizations (NPO). For information on the action priorities, programs and services offered in your region, contact the business office of your region.

Retail trade enterprise are not eligible to our programs. If you are among the non-eligible clients, we invite you consult our network of partners that may be able to help you.

Q. How can I find out if my project is eligible?

A. To be eligible, your project must align with the regional priorities of the business office that receives the application for assistance. Other terms may also apply based on the region’s socio-economic context and the budget allocated to the business office’s programs.

For further details, read about the regional priorities of the business office who can assist you.

Q. Who should I contact to discuss my business project?

A.You may contact:

Q. How do I submit my project?

A. To learn out the steps for preparing a project that may lead to submitting a financial assistance application, read the project submission guide.

Types of financial assistance

Q. What types of financial assistance does CED provide?

A. Depending on the type of project, CED may award a repayable contribution, a non-repayable contribution or a grant.

A repayable contribution is usually paid to an eligible recipient for carrying out a project that involves commercial activities. This type of contribution is, for all practical purposes, equivalent to an interest-free, unsecured loan that is repayable on a predetermined repayment schedule.

A non-repayable contribution is usually paid to an eligible NPO where the activities generated by the project are not commercial, do not provide it with any direct, quantifiable benefit and are not subject to an agreement with another business for marketing a product, service or process.

A grant is usually paid to a NPO for a one-time activity. This type of non-repayable financial assistance is awarded in exceptional situations.

Technical questions

Q. Who should I notify about broken links or to obtain permission to use documents found on your Web site?

A. To report a problem with the CED website or for any request regarding its content, contact us as Please indicate the URL (Web address) of the pages to which you refer.

Q. How to convert a CSV files?

A. Reports can be downloaded as text files in CSV format and opened with a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel. Here are a few easy instructions on how to open these files in Excel.

Suppliers of goods and services

Q. I would like to obtain a list of your suppliers of goods and services. Is this possible?

A. On March 23, 2004, the Government of Canada announced a new policy on the mandatory publication of contracts over $10,000. CED has since provided information, updated every three months, on its contracts.

Q. How can I obtain a contract for goods and services with CED?

A. Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) is the Government of Canada’s main purchasing arm. To find out how to do business with the Government of Canada, for instance to obtain a contract with CED, go to PSPC site’s Tenders on buy and sell section.

Q. How can I get more information on direct deposit offered by CED to its suppliers?

R. You can consult the Direct deposit for supplier’s page or the Web site of the Receiver General for Canada.

Report a problem on this page

For any problem, please contact us.

Date modified: