Defence and aerospace business opportunities
Industrial and technological benefits
A service that promotes business developmentCED provides a networking and representation service for the various defence sector players. Whether you are an SME, a prime contractor, a research centre or a university involved in the technologies or industrial capabilities listed below, we can help you grow your business.
Examples of industrial capabilities and the latest technologies:
- Aerospace components and systems
- Defence system integration
- Land vehicle solutions
- Mission systems and naval platform systems
- Shipbuilding, design and engineering services
- Training and simulation
- Electro-optical and infrared systems
- In-service support
- Sonar and acoustic systems
- Advanced materials
- Cyber resilience
- Remotely piloted systems and autonomous technologies
- Artificial intelligence
- Space systems
Within this context, CED promotes the capacity of Quebec businesses and research centres among contractors that are either interested in bidding on, or have been awarded, a contract for a procurement project worth more than $100 million (with some exceptions) from the Department of National Defence or the Coast Guard. These contractors are required to carry out commercial activities in Canada (industrial offset) equal to the value of the contracts obtained.
Working with its federal, provincial and industry partners, and research centres, CED can help you identify business opportunities.
The following are a few examples of the services we offer:
- support for businesses to help them better understand the ITB Policy and its requirements
- event organization (B2B/B2G), industry days, business visits and regional tours
- promotion of the capabilities of Quebec businesses at meetings and at trade shows, and as part of the development of calls for tenders
- networking among Canadian suppliers, post-secondary institutions, research centres and contractors in the defence sector
Examples of business opportunities for SMEs:
- Supply of parts or components—from the design phase, through assembly to final integration (if applicable)
- Technology transfer or investment by a bidding company that has been awarded a contract that is subject to the ITB Policy
- Integration into prime contractors’ global supply chains; this may include research, design and production activities
- Creation of a consortium made up of a prime contractor, a Quebec business and a qualified research centre
CED has a directory of Quebec businesses with the potential to break into the defence market. It is used to respond to requests from major bidding companies looking for suppliers to help them meet their ITB obligations.
Directory of Quebec businesses
Interested in the defence sector? Register to our directory of Quebec businesses by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Controlled goods – Public Services and Procurement Canada
- CyberSecure Canada – Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Defence Capabilities Blueprint – National Defence
- Defence Procurement Strategy – Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Industrial and Technological Benefits Policy (ITB Policy) – Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS) – National Defence
- Value Proposition Guide – Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada