Agency's public statement
The Agency conducted a strategic environmental assessment of the Quebec Economic Development Program and updated it in accordance with the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 (CEAA) and the Cabinet Directive on the Environmental Assessment of Policy, Plan and Program proposals.
Strategic environmental assessment of the Quebec Economic Development Program
The assessment concluded that the program’s implementation was not likely to generate significant environmental effects, provided that:
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 is applied to supported projects to ensure that no significant environmental effects are generated.
In addition, the conclusions of the assessment recognize that:
- this program will have positive environmental effects, by supporting the implementation of the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy. As part of this strategy, the Agency has committed to
- invest in technologies to reduce GHG emissions and air pollutants, and
- build capacity of communities and provide them with support in sustainable management of lands and forests.
- this commitment will be implemented through the Agency’s Sustainable Development Strategy.