Jobs and Growth Fund – Quebec
The Jobs and Growth Fund provides funding to businesses and organizations to help create jobs and position local economies for long-term growth. Delivered by Canada’s regional development agencies (RDAs), the new fund provides $700 million to support a regional response to this COVID-19 crisis by investing in projects that will help to create jobs over the next three years and beyond, which includes up to $70 million dedicated to businesses created after January 2020 that meet eligibility criteria.
In Quebec, CED is investing $140M to help job creators and the organizations that support them to future-proof their businesses, build resiliency and prepare for growth by transitioning to a green economy, fostering an inclusive recovery, enhancing competitiveness, and creating jobs in every corner of the country.
- Businesses, including co-operatives.
- Not-for-profit organizations and community economic development partners.
- Indigenous-led organizations and/or businesses are strongly encouraged to apply.
Activities that support the transition to a green economy, including those that:
- Support the development and adoption of clean technology.
- Help communities and businesses plan and drive clean, sustainable economic growth.
- Partner with organizations to catalyze the development of green regional clusters.
- Work with organizations supporting businesses to transition to a green economy.
Activities that foster an inclusive recovery, including those that:
- Support businesses owned or majority-led by underrepresented groups, such as Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, women, youth, LGBTQ2, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, and members of official language minority communities.
- Increase the participation of underrepresented groups in the economy by supporting not-for-profit organizations that provide funding, business services, training and access to resources to build a more inclusive and equitable workforce.
Activities that preserve Canada’s competitiveness and future-proof SMEs through digital adoption, including those that:
- Support the development or adoption of digital and technological solutions (i.e., Industry 4.0 solutions) to increase and promote business productivity.
- Invest in technologies that help scale businesses, enhance their capabilities and increase resilience.
Activities that strengthen capacity in sectors critical to Canada’s recovery and growth, including those that:
- Support scale-up and market expansion activities that bolster traditional areas of strength.
- Develop emerging areas of global competitive advantage.
- Support supply chain adaptation and diversification opportunities to build Canadian capacity in critical sectors such as food production, medical supplies and biomanufacturing.
- Eligible businesses could receive interest-free repayable contributions for up to 50 percent of eligible costs.
- Eligible not-for profit organizations could receive non-repayable contributions for up to 90 percent of eligible costs.
- Eligible Indigenous recipients can receive non-repayable contributions for up to 100 percent of eligible costs.
Applications will be accepted on a continuous intake basis until such time as the funding is fully allocated.
How to apply
- To find out if the Jobs and Growth Fund fits your needs, call CED at 1-800-561-0633 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday) or send us an email. Our agents are well-versed in existing funding options and can help you submit your project or find other available solutions.
For more information on the resources available for businesses, visit Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan page, consult the Managing your business during COVID-19 page or download the Canada Business application.