Terms and conditions
- Notice regarding surveys
- Government of Canada privacy notice
- Official languages notice
- Hyperlinking notice
- Copyright/permission to reproduce
- Accessibility notice
Notice regarding surveysWe will be evaluating our programs and services periodically. The purpose of these surveys is to identify the needs of entrepreneurs and the impact of the services our clients receive either directly or through organizations funded by us.
All of the personal information collected through these surveys is governed by the Privacy Act. This means that you will be informed of the purpose for which your personal information is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
If you have any questions about the evaluation of our programs and services, please write to us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Government of Canada privacy notice
- CED Web site does not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would obtain this type of information only if you supply it by sending us an e-mail.
- All personal information created, held or collected by CED is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, or advised of the authority for such collection. You will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- CED employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- Information on individual visitors is used by CED employees to respond to your request or ensure the security of the system. We will share information you give to us with another government department only if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
For questions or comments regarding the Privacy Act, or the administration of the policy at CED, please consult the Access to Information and Privacy section.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by e-mail at: email@example.com or by telephone at 1-800-282-1376.
- For a description of the records held by CED, please visit the Sources of Federal Government Information on Info Source.
- For a description of standard personal information banks held by government institutions, please visit the Standard Bank Descriptions on Info Source.
- Visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's Web site for a summary of your rights under the Privacy Act.
- Visit the Office of the Information Commissioner’s Web site for information on your rights under the Access to Information Act.
Official languages noticeCED respects the Official Languages Act and the relevant Treasury Board policies and is committed to ensuring that all information and services on this site are available in both English and French. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is provided as a convenience and may be available only in the language in which it was provided.
Hyperlinking noticeLinks to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada are provided solely for the convenience of users. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The Government of Canada does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their contents.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which CED provides links may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
Generally, CED encourages third party links to its Web site. As such, it is possible to insert links to CED Web site without prior authorization provided these comply with the following conditions:
Evaluation criteria for the insertion of links to CED Web site
- To create hyperlinks, the promotional tools available from the Corporate identity and logo page must be used.
- Neither the official symbols of the Government of Canada nor the CED signature are used as navigational aids.
- The official symbols of the Government of Canada and CED signature appear on non-government sites only when they are used to identify a government contribution or participation in a collaborative arrangement.
- The creation of a link does not confuse the user as to the source of information through such practices as framing.
- The link respects CED's Copyright Notice.
- The link in no way suggests a partnership agreement with CED unless such an agreement has been officially made.
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by CED for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
Copyright / permission to reproduce
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this Web site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal or public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from CED. Through the permission-granting process, CED helps to ensure that individuals or organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact:
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
800 René-Lévesque West BLVD., Suite 500
Montréal, Quebec H3B 1X9
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
CED is committed to equitable access to information, regardless of the technologies used. We are continually striving to make our site accessible to all, including persons with disabilities and to those who use assistive devices.
The Government of Canada is committed to achieving a high standard of accessibility as defined in the Standard on Web Accessibility and the Standard on Optimizing Websites and Applications for Mobile Devices. If you have questions about the accessibility of this Web site or if you are having trouble accessing information, please feel free to contact us.