We encourage the development of Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean business communities by directly assisting this region’s businesses and organizations with their projects.
Overview of the regionSaguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean's economy is mainly based on the wood, aluminium, agri-food and tourism industries. The territory includes many SMEs operating in the more traditional sectors, service-based enterprises and a high concentration of businesses and organizations involved in the aluminium processing sector.
Profile and priorities of the region known for lumber, aluminum, agri-food and tourism
Aluminum production: a major economic driver in the Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean region for almost 100 years
Akua Nature aims to enable First Nations to gain a foothold in marketing products stemming from their ancestral knowledge.
Our collaborators in the region
- CLD Domaine-du-Roy (in French only)
- Corporation d’innovation et développement Alma – Lac-Saint-Jean-Est (CIDAL)
- MRC de Maria-Chapdelaine (in French only)
- MRC du Fjord-du-Saguenay (in French only)
- Promotion SaguenaySADC du Fjord (in French only)
- SADC du Haut-Saguenay (in French only)
- SADC Lac-Saint-Jean-Est (in French only)
- SADC Lac-Saint-Jean-Ouest (in French only)
- SADC Maria-Chapdelaine (in French only)
- SERDEX International (in French only)
- Tourisme Saguenay – Lac-St-Jean