We encourage the development of Bas-Saint-Laurent business communities by directly assisting this region's businesses and organizations with their projects.
Overview of the regionBas-Saint-Laurent region covers a territory that encompasses some 100 municipalities boasting, among other things, educational institutions, research centres and an important tourism industry. It is primarily composed of manufacturing firms in the metals, resource processing (forestry, agriculture, peat) and ICTs sectors. Marine and public services complete the economic profile of the territory.
Profile and priorities of the Technopole maritime du Québec
Unique Canadian research and experimentation environments in the field of marine science and technology
Our collaborators in the region
- Centre collégial de transfert technologique en optique-photonique (OPTECH)
- Centre de développement et de recherche en intelligence numérique (CDRIN) (in French only)
- Centre de Recherche sur les Biotechnologies Marines (CRBM)
- CLD de la région de Rivière-du-Loup
- CLD des Basques (in French only)
- Développement Économique Matanie
- Innov & Export PME
- Innovation maritime
- Interdisciplinary Centre for the Development of Ocean Mapping (CIDCO)
- Le Québec maritime
- Living Lab en innovation ouverte (LLio)
- Mitis en Affaires
- MRC de La Matapédia
- MRC de Témiscouata
- MRC du Kamouraska
- Novika solution
- Quebec Agrifood Innovation Centre (QAIC)
- SADC de la Matapédia (in French only)
- SADC de La Mitis (in French only)
- SADC de la MRC de Rivière-du-Loup (in French only)
- SADC de la Neigette (in French only)
- SADC de la région de Matane (in French only)
- SADC des Basques (in French only)
- SADC du Kamouraska (in French only)
- SADC Témiscouata (in French only)
- SEREX (in French only)
- SOPER Rimouski-Neigette (in French only)
- Technopole Maritime du Québec
- Tourisme Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Tourisme Gaspésie
- Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR)
Our collaborators in Quebec
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
Provides professional services to businesses in all sectors. Supports businesses seeking financing as they start up and grow.
Canada Business Network
Provides access to government business programs, business tools, forms, and online services.
Export Development Canada (EDC)
Helps Canadian companies of all sizes succeed around the world.
Global Affairs Canada
Provides financial support and personalized advice to connect with potential foreign partners, pursue new business opportunities abroad and attract foreign investment to Canada.
Provides access to information from federal and provincial departments, as well as integrated information products and interactive tools for businesses across all sectors and at all stages of existence.
Supports SMEs, NPOs and businesses as they develop and seek financing.
Ministère de l'Économie et de l'Innovation Québec (MEI)
Supports the development of the Quebec economy, innovation, and exports by ensuring coordination and joint action among the various stakeholders in the economic, scientific, social, and cultural fields.
National Research Council Canada (NRC)
Supports SMEs in validating and developing new products and procedures. Financial assistance is awarded after the project has been assessed by an industrial technology advisor.
Réseau des SADC et CAE du Québec
Contributes to community economic development by providing business services: access to funding, technical assistance, and support for local, youth and women entrepreneurship. The network includes 67 Sociétés d’aide au développement des collectivités (SADC) and Centres d’aide aux entreprises (CAE) across Quebec.
Ressources Entreprises (in French only)
Offers professional support and specialized information services on all government and private programs and services for all entrepreneurs in the Est-du-Québec region.