Support for Regional Quantum Innovation
Part of the REGI
Helping SMEs and the NPOs to adopt, develop and market quantum technologies.
CED's support for regional quantum innovation (RQI) aims to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and non-profit organizations (NPOs) adopt, develop and commercialize quantum technologies and products based on these technologies.
It makes it possible to:
- Position SMEs and NPOs, in addition to the Quebec organizations that support them, in this emerging sector.
- Strengthen Canada’s global leadership in the quantum sector.
Quantum technologies will transform key economic sectors, such as:
- Information technology (algorithms and quantum simulations, etc.)
- Communications and cybersecurity (cryptography and encryption, etc.)
- Sensing technology (sensors, atomic clocks, quantum compasses, etc.)
- Imaging (medical and thermal imaging, etc.)
- Development of innovative materials (microfabrication, materials with new quantum properties, etc.)
- SMEs operating in the quantum or related sectors (e.g., secured communications, cryptography, IT, sensors and imaging)
- SMEs seeking to adopt quantum technology
- NPOs* including:
- Organizations supporting the quantum ecosystem
- Organizations focussed on quantum entrepreneurship (incubators and accelerators)
- Post-secondary teaching institutions
*Public organizations subject to the Act respecting the Ministère du Conseil exécutif (M-30) must have Government of Québec authorization.
Examples of projects that could receive support
- Commercialization and market development
- Marketing and promotional strategies
- Hiring of specialized personnel
- Knowledge and technology transfer
- Improving ecosystem capacity to support start-ups, women entrepreneurs, etc.
- Adopting quantum technology
- Acquiring digital infrastructure as well as production machinery or equipment
- Bringing ecosystem stakeholders closer together and supporting innovation, partnerships, alliances and industry clusters
- Integrating quantum technology into the supply chain of prime contractors in the defence sector
Priority could be given to projects whose goal is to:
- Make the transition to product stewardship and environmentally sustainable operations or practices.
- Foster inclusion and diversity to remove obstacles facing certain population groups.
Other activities could be eligible. Contact us to present your project.
- Contributions are generally refundable or conditionally refundable.
- Contributions are generally non-refundable.
Presenting a project
Would you like to present a project?
- See the project presentation guide.
- Contact us for more information.