Canada Seafood Stabilization Fund – Quebec
Part of the REGI program
Support for fish and seafood processors to cover costs related to COVID-19
This web page has been archived.
The information is no longer current but is retained on the website for reference or to provide context to current content.
Funding descriptionThe aim of this financial assistance is to help fish and seafood processors and the NPOs that support them to cover COVID-19–related costs incurred since March 15, 2020. This funding is provided under the REGI program.
Examples of funded projects
- Storage solutions for live, frozen and/or processed products
- Investment in new equipment or services to:
- protect workers
- adapt plant operations, products or packaging
- increase efficiency and productivity
- New market requirements to:
- meet new consumer needs
- find new markets
- deliver products to new markets
Financial assistanceIn the case of SMEs and commercial NPOs
- Contributions are repayable, without interest. Repayment begins two years after the end of the project.
- Certain contributions are non-repayable: contributions for adaptation projects aimed at ensuring worker health and safety and complying with COVID-19 standards, including:
- physical distancing measures
- the purchase of sustainable, reusable and non-disposable equipment that will not be used to generate income
- other required changes to the workplace
In the case of NPOs and Indigenous organizations
- Contributions are non-repayable.
- Small or medium-sized fish, seafood or aquaculture processing businesses that meet all the following conditions:
- are located in Quebec
- are licensed or registered processors of wild capture or aquaculture products
- were viable prior to the COVID-19 pandemic
- have put adequate and established health and safety measures in place to protect their employees, in accordance with the Quarantine Act.
- Non-profit organizations (NPOs) that support the fish and seafood processing industry in Quebec