Canada Seafood Stabilization Fund – Quebec
Part of the REGI program
Support for fish and seafood processors to cover costs related to COVID-19
Funding descriptionThe aim of this financial assistance is to help fish and seafood processors and the NPOs that support them to cover COVID-19–related costs incurred since March 15, 2020. This funding is provided under the REGI program.
Examples of funded projects
- Storage solutions for live, frozen and/or processed products
- Investment in new equipment or services to:
- protect workers
- adapt plant operations, products or packaging
- increase efficiency and productivity
- New market requirements to:
- meet new consumer needs
- find new markets
- deliver products to new markets
Financial assistanceIn the case of SMEs and commercial NPOs
- Contributions are repayable, without interest. Repayment begins two years after the end of the project.
- Certain contributions are non-repayable: contributions for adaptation projects aimed at ensuring worker health and safety and complying with COVID-19 standards, including:
- physical distancing measures
- the purchase of sustainable, reusable and non-disposable equipment that will not be used to generate income
- other required changes to the workplace
In the case of NPOs and Indigenous organizations
- Contributions are non-repayable.
- Small or medium-sized fish, seafood or aquaculture processing businesses that meet all the following conditions:
- are located in Quebec
- are licensed or registered processors of wild capture or aquaculture products
- were viable prior to the COVID-19 pandemic
- have put adequate and established health and safety measures in place to protect their employees, in accordance with the Quarantine Act.
- Non-profit organizations (NPOs) that support the fish and seafood processing industry in Quebec